This Privacy Statement applies to Truescope, and we are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your personal information in an open and transparent way.
What does this Privacy Statement cover?
This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, handle, store and protect personal information when:
- You use “this Website”; or
- Access professional services from Truescope
- Perform any other activities that form part of the operation of our business.
When we refer to “this Website” we are talking about websites associated with Truescope.
What laws apply to us?
When handling personal information we will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other applicable legislation (such as Australian State and Territory health privacy legislation), as well as the Spam Act 2003(Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth).
The APPs are legally binding principles that are designed to ensure that individuals’ personal information is protected throughout the information lifecycle – that is, from the time the information is collected through to its destruction. The APPs also give individuals the right to access their personal information and have it corrected if it is incorrect.
What personal information do we collect?
Information we collect when we provide professional services to our clients
Where we are provided with personal information by a client, we take steps to ensure that the client has complied with the relevant obligations under applicable data protection laws in relation to that information; this may include, for example, the client has provided you with notice of the collection (and other matters) and has obtained any necessary consent for us to collect, use and disclose that information.
We also collect personal information (such as contact details and account details) from suppliers, contractors and third party service providers that we engage to help us operate our business.
Information we collect via this Website (Log information, cookies, and web beacons)
We may collect personal contact details from you when you use this Website. For example, if you sign up to receive promotional materials, thought leadership or communications services provided by Truescope.
How do we use your personal information?
How do we use information collected via this Website or through other sources? Do we use it to market goods and services to you?
We will not use your personal information collected via this Website or through other sources to market the goods and services of third parties to you without first notifying you and seeking your consent (usually through a separate privacy notice).
We may use your personal information collected via this Website:
- To provide you with promotional materials, thought leadership or communications services provided by Truescope that we feel may be of interest to you;
- To manage and improve this Website;
- To tailor the content of this Website to provide you with a more personalised experience and draw your attention to information about our services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- To seek feedback on our services; and
- For market or other research purposes (however, we will only ever report aggregated results of any research we undertake, and will never include your personal information in those results unless you explicitly give us your consent).
If you do not want to receive marketing materials from us, you can:
- Click on the unsubscribe function in the communication; or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any hard copy communications that you no longer wish to receive.
At times, you may choose to register or create a user profile on this Website – for instance, to gain access to specific content, attend a hosted event, respond to a survey, or request communications about specific areas of interest. In such cases, the information you submit will be used to manage your request and to customise and improve this Website and related services offered to you. You may request at any time that we discontinue sending you emails or other communications generated in response to your registration on this Website.
How do we protect your information?
We hold personal information in hard copy and electronic formats. We use a range of physical, operational and technological security measures to protect this information. These measures include:
- Staff education and training to ensure our staff are aware of their privacy obligations when handling your personal information;
- Administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal information to only those people who need access;
- Technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software;
How do we use your personal information?
For further information about privacy and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.